Monday, March 28, 2011

Which Afrodelicious Diva are you? Part II

Right, so I’m back to share more of my “wisdom” with you about how you go about being the fabulous Afrodiva you want to be.
(Seriously, I’m having too much fun with these mash-ups! Here’s an idea, how about you send in your suggestions on what to call all of us ladies who love our African fashion and rock it brilliantly. I’ll take them and use them throughout the blog....we’ll see if I can get my friends at my fave online store to sponsor us with some kind of prize for the one I judge the winner!)

Sorry, I tend to get carried away and go off at a tangent at times. Back to the topic of the day!

So here’s what you missed last time on Fashion Sista! (yes, I’m also a Gleek!)

I was throwing out ideas on how you can make African fashion work for you.
Suggestion 1: you only have one body, what shape it is isn’t important. Learning to love it and treat it with respect is.
Suggestion 2: let your personality dress you in the morning.
If none of that makes sense to you then either (a) I’ve left it too long between posts or (b) you’ve just caught up with me and the lovely people out there who’re following  this blog (the real people, not my imaginary friends!)– in which case, a big Fashion Sista welcome to you!

Moving right along.......
Fashion Sista’s suggestion no.3: keep a sense of perspective. Just because you bought it all doesn’t mean you need to wear it all at once. Baby steps ladies!!  Why not try layering a beautiful bubu over your favourite skinny jeans instead of a tunic or replacing your usual earrings with some  bold statement pieces. You get the idea, right?

Fashion Sista’s suggestion no.4: mix it up a little! Try wearing that extra long necklace as a funky belt or switching a lovely wrapper for your usual belt. Think accents rather than whole languages!

Fashion Sista’s suggestion no.5: ignore everything I’ve just said! Bottom line, you’ll discover through trial, error and sarcastic comments from your loved ones what actually works for you. Who am I to try and steer you in any particular direction. After all, I don’t know you like you do, do I?!

Happy experimenting peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment